Keep going, the perfect day is today
Conditions are rarely perfect. In July it’s too humid, hot and air quality can be poor. In the spring it often rains, in the fall you never know what you’re going to get.
And now as winter approaches we get to deal with snow, ice and the ever-present cold.
While it may be difficult to stay motivated during these dark and cold months it is essential to maintain your base miles. In the spring these base miles will pay off with a higher level of fitness which will make it easier for you to kick it in for spring training
Who wants to start all over again when the weather turns favorable? Think of those difficult runs the last time you came back from a running vacation. Not fun were they? This happened to me two years ago and it won’t happen again.
The most difficult part
When motivation is lacking, the most difficult thing to do is put your gear on and step out side the door. Here are a few tips to get over the resistance to run:
- Keep your gear washed and ready to go
- Keep your running shoes near the door
- If possible, keep your running gear stocked at work
- Tell yourself you are only going out for a mile
- Start a running streak and see how long you can maintain it
- Start a mile a day challenge with your friends
- Peer pressure IS a wonderful thing!
- Even a mile a day will keep you going
You can do this. A little preparation and a few lies to your self are all that is required.
Run well my friends!